Date: Mon Mar 30 12:29:12 2009 Back to Contents ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: John Mocko

Subject: Re: PC to PC


There is a product called an "Easy Transfer Cable" produced by several
manufacturers (Belkin is one....I have one). It is a USB cable with a
"lump" in the middle that contains cross connects to allow two PC computer
to be connected in this manner. Windows Vista has built-in software for
this purpose and it can be installed on XP machines as well.

I haven't used my cable yet but I will soon as I transfer to my new


On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Zani, Gerald wrote:

> Tappers,
> Can a PC be easily connected to a second PC through a USB port to share
> files?
> Is there a special software that is needed?
> Thanks,
> - JZ


John Mocko
Senior Teaching Laboratory Specialist (Lecture Demonstrations)
Department of Physics
University of Florida
Gainesville, Fl.

From Mon Mar 30 12:29:12 2009