Date: Sun Apr 8 20:59:53 2007
Author: Paul Nord
Subject: Re: Visual Electricity Demonstrator
Bill, et. al.,
Comments on this 4th grade textbook review?
1. If charged particles in an object are not balanced, the object
builds up _____.
2. A charge in motion is called a(n) _____.
3. _____ is the pushing or pulling force that exists when a magnetic
material is near.
4. The quality of ____ opposes the flow of electric current through a
5. Current flows in only one direction in a(n) _____.
6. Because of Earth's ____, a compass needle points in a north-south
7. One advantage of a(n) ____ over a natural magnet is that its
magnetic field can be turned off.
8. A(n) _____ can handle appliances that use different amounts of
And should I bother correcting his teacher about her description of
batteries as supplying "juice"? It's because there is a liquid
inside the battery.