Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:26:47 -0400 (EDT)

Author: Steve Wonnell

Subject: Rubber stopper...


Hi Folks,

I mentioned my problem to our machinist who promply
pulled out his "gasket cutters" which turned out
to be a set of hollow stainless steel tubes with
sharp ends. He used a 5/16" tube to bore
the hole and darn if the resulting hole was only
about 1/4" in diameter. That rubber expanded inward.
So then he took a series of successively larger
ordinary drill bits and drilled out the hole,
slowly, using a drill press but holding the stopper
with his hands. It think the last drill used
was about .35" are resulted in a .313." hole.

I would have liked to try the LN2.
Might have gotten a hole-in-one.

Thanks everyone,
Steve W.
From Mon Oct 4 15:17:23 2004