Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:35:30 -0500

Author: pojhome

Subject: Re: Circuit components]


What's the name of his True Type font and where can we find it?


----- Original Message -----
From: "Machele Cable"
To: "Tap-L Tap-L"
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 9:51 PM
Subject: [Fwd: Circuit components]
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Circuit components
> Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:14:36 -0700
> From: "Roger L. Morehouse"
> To:
> Your message to tap-l was forwarded to me by Doug Johnson, our chief
> tech. For many years we have used a True Type font with all the
> electric,
> transistor, and digital components included . It is designed to allow
> the
> complete circuits to be typed directly in WORD or as text in a drawing
> program. The circuits are constrained to a grid, but it turns out not
> to
> be too disturbing a restriction. The font includes meters, shielding,
> field
> effect and bipolar transistors in all reasonable orientations to
> facilitate
> the construction of circuits. The only problem is that on the screen
> the
> font hinting done by the computer sometimes causes circuit elements to
> appear to shift one pixel (up, down, left, or right) from the actual
> position. The components align correctly in printing due to the higher
> resolution of the printers.
> Roger Morehouse
> Professor of Physics,
> Cal Poly, Pomona